Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Take my advice, I don't use it anyways


My mudeera and I talked about three classes I would teach before I even got here. 1. English – yikes, 2. Exercise – YIKES, 3. Drawing – ok I think I can do that? I only said yes to the exercise because I panicked and so much Arabic and what was going on?

For those of you who have never met me, I don’t really like exercise all that much. The only thing I hate more about exercise than actually doing it are those people who say they can’t get enough of it, they feel so good after a workout. The only thing I feel after a work out is gross and maybe a little like vomiting.

I am one of those people who my ideal diet would be having all the people I don’t want to talk to stand by all the foods that are bad for me. It always surprises me that there’s a fine line (a large football field) between “not dieting” and “eating half of every batch of brownies I make, the night they’re made.”  I am the girl who tells you “If anyone ever tells you you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.”

My main problem is I feel like either I’m supposed to be up at 5am having some sort of kale smoothie on my way to do yoga with orphans, or I might as well be sitting on my couch watching a Harry Potter marathon while eating ice cream straight from the tub. If I am not 100% in it why not just do the things I want to do?

But maybe this will be an awakening for me, where I recognize that maybe snickers aren’t something I can eat for dinner. Or send me on the right path where my daily multi vitamin isn’t the only thing standing between me and scurvy. Maybe this is the time where I stop telling myself that my baby fat is just getting pushed out by grown up fat.

Yes, I majored in physiology in college. Yes, I know all the things I am supposed to do to be healthy. Yes, the more I see those fun 10 minute work outs to flatter abs on pintrest the more I think I can do it. Do I do it? I have to start or else my exercise class will be like my English class… yikes.

I will let you know how it goes.

XOXO
Laura

P.s. this post wasn’t really that much about Jordan… but it is still true!

p.p.s. This is wikipedias definition of muffin top: Muffin-top is the phenomenon of overhanging fat when it spills over the waistline of pants or skirts in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing.Muffin tops are generally considered undesirable [citation needed].  My favorite part about this is that they need a citation haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment