Monday, October 1, 2012

Goodbyes Suck Big Hairy Balls


To be honest I didn’t want to start a blog. One, because what is more cliché than a twenty something year old kid making a blog about going to a far off land and sharing tales of how much they have learned, and grown, and become one with who they truly are, and all that BS? Two, because I feel it is like a diary. You know when you were ten and you said to yourself “I am going to write down my thoughts every night and it will be eloquent, funny, and profound” and then you write in it for one day and when you read it the next you are like “WTF, this doesn't read as well as it sounded in my head” so you don’t write in it anymore. Three, because I am a terrible writer. I write the way I think, which means it is gobbledygook (spelling?... I think I made my point right here).

So, if I have all these reasons to not write a blog you are probably wondering why you are sitting here reading my blog (that is, if you have even gotten this far… if you bailed I accept it and I am already moving on emotionally). My answer is simple… I just have a lot of feelings. But also my friend Ellen (this is a shout out) told me I should. But don't get me wrong I don't just do things because she tells me to... I am my own woman and I do what I want okay?! 

And by that, I mean what the title of this post is about. Goodbyes… I am terrible at goodbyes (who is good at goodbyes anyways?). In all seriousness though, goodbyes are THE WORST! There are the goodbyes you say to your family and close friends that are hard because you can’t imagine the next two years of your life not talking to them or seeing them all the time. You know some things will change but when you come back you can fall back into your spot. But then there are the goodbyes to new friends and the scariest thing about those goodbyes are the uncertainty of what comes next. Wanting to stay in touch but knowing how hard that is. Life happens and being so far away makes talking about your lives hard and tedious. It is scary because  everyone is growing and changing but not growing and changing together.  How do you keep someone in your life from 6,000 miles away? (that was deep… I’ll stop being such a drama queen and get to the point.)

My point is I had to start saying goodbye to people today because even though I don’t leave for a while I may not see them again before I leave. This was, to say the least, sad. I feel like I ran out of time before I even got started. From my BOCO family who I had to say goodbye to many months ago, to my SHH family who I am only beginning to say goodbye to, to my Dtown family; saying goodbye to you all will suck so just bare with me through the awkward hugs and goofy waves goodbye. You all make up my dysfunctional, amazing family and I thank you for putting up with me over the past few months.

Before I start actually believing I am Ginger from “As told by Ginger” or that chick from “Awkward” and thinking I am good at blogging/ journaling (diarying?... please read that word aloud hehe) and getting real deep on yo asses… to paraphrase this entry KEEP IN TOUCH PLEASE!! Comment here, email me laura72689@gmail.com, attempt skyping, send a smoke signal, a facebook message. Seriously anything because if I sent you the link to my ramblings I love ya and want you to love me back. 

Oh and there may be a video post or two because my other friend Marissa (this is another shout out) told me I should. But once again I do what I want... so I will do the video posts but you won't know when they are coming.

XOXO (no this isn't gossip girl)
Laura

This is a picture of an adorable puppy wrapped in a blanket (not in Jordan)

No comments:

Post a Comment