Friday, April 5, 2013

I Can Hold a Wet Bar of Soap Better Than a Conversation

Let's start with the important things... my pant situation is not looking good you guys. They are really super big. I look like I am dressed for a hillbilly picnic (what is even going on?).

In unrelated (or related?) news here are the people in my life...

This is Malek and me in Aqaba

Her sister Rand

This is easily the best picture of the trip because what is even going on? The woman in the purple hijab is my mudeera and the woman in the plack hijab is my landlords oldest daughter!

We visited a museum that only had female mannequins, which they so creatively turned into male mannequins with the help of a black marker. I thought this was hilarious so I jumped at the chance to take pictures with these guys! I imagine in my head that they got the shipment of mannequins and when they opened the boxes they realized they only got female ones and they didn't know what to do! So they sat there thinking for a minute and then one of the workers was like wait I got it! Then drew a mustache, beard, and thicker eyebrows on one of the them and the manager was like, eh good enough. (Probably not how it went but i like to imagine it went like this)




Some dudes playing some old instruments.


This is my 15 year old best friend Dana who is teaching how to crochet. She is pretty kick ass and she shares my love for Beyonce and sleep.

This is Aneghneem she also very awesome.

So those are the majority of people in my life right now.

My english classes are going strong (i think). Except we went over animals the other day in my beginner class and i spelled dolphin with and e (dolphine)... I am so done. I crossed it out and was like uh... don't spell it like that, awkward.

Arabic update: who knew Arabic was hard? slapped me right in the face! But seriously it is just going down hill from here, luckily it wasn't a very large hill but still! In arabic "Ana" is how you say I (this is the prep for the story). So I was walking down the street minding my own business when this young girl came up and was like LAURA LAURA! I was like hi! how are you? what is your name? to which she replies "Ana?" (I would just like to say that this is a deceitful question and she set me up for a let down. Who else would i be asking? We are the only two people here?) To which I said, "Oh Anna that is a cute name" (que me hitting my forehead with the palm of my head). She gave me a confusing look and said her name was Rania... I think we are going to be good friends. (she is 7)

The weather is getting hotter here and I am a little scared for summer because everyone here says "Oh yeah you are going to want to leave here during the summer, it is really hot". Guys, I am a sweaty person! It isn't cute I know this, and for the most part it can be kept at bay with extra strength mens deodorant  (although I have heard good things about secret as it is strong enough for a man, but made for a woman) and air conditioning... there is no air conditioning here. I will be very gross as I need to be covered when i go out, as in no t shirts or shorts. I won't blame people who don't talk to me during the summer months. There will be no hard feelings and I will see you again in the fall.

Then there was that time I got proposed to through a 20 year old girl... I was just sitting in my office minding my own business and this girl who speaks very good english comes and says "There is a man here in the village who would like to marry you. What do you think about this? Do you want to get married." To which I responded "No thank you." It was hard to turn down but me and this guy who i don't know and haven't seen had to go our separate ways. It wasn't me it was him. It was very romeo and juliet (although i think Romeo and Juliet could have handled there whole deal a little better) very romantic to say the least. 

Until next time!
XOXO
Laura

p.s. what is going on with Amanda Bynes? Maybe she can blame her twin from "She's the man" for this weird behavior... Surprise it is my twin Sebastian! We switched again!




1 comment:

  1. hi. So glad to get pics to go with relationships. Glad classes are good. Miss you and love you GC

    ReplyDelete